Solutions for the federal government
We know the demands of keeping business processes up and running and in-line with ever-changing technologies, policies, and software can be a daunting task. Let MIL take control so that your support services don’t skip a beat. MIL offers more than 30 years of technology know-how and in-depth public sector financial management experience to help federal agencies tackle tough challenges. Our proven track record in partnering with federal agencies sets new standards for financial management excellence.
MIL’s financial management expertise and solutions enable customers to:
- Consolidate massive volumes of data from globally dispersed locations for accelerated, comprehensive financial management reporting
- Achieve organization-wide accountability, including clean audit opinions, compliance with open government, and transparency initiatives (e.g., DATA Act) by consistently applying accounting rules across all financial transactions
- Enable efficient financial operations from budget formulation through general ledger management, budget execution, program management, procurement, and performance management
- Refresh financial system technologies, including implementation of shared services and cloud migration to stay current on evolving requirements for financial operations and new system platforms and standards
MIL has hundreds of consultants focused directly on federal financial management, accounting, and systems. We have in-depth experience with every federal funding model, including appropriated funds (single year, multiyear, and no year), working capital funds, and revolving funds. Our CGFMs, CPAs, and business and IT consultants are expert in anticipating, understanding, and resolving federal financial management business questions.
We are committed to providing top-notch federal financial management support to our clients. View our targeted service areas below to learn more about what we can do to assist your unique need.
MIL’s budgeting, performance management, and accounting services offer federal agencies the full range of budget and performance information across the formulation and execution life cycles. An integral part of any federal accounting system, our budgeting expertise and knowledge directly supports federal government performance management initiatives through federal-specific functions that include budget formulation, budget execution, and business intelligence. MIL’s budgeting capabilities include:
- Integrating budget formulation with execution, including use of actuals to serve as a basis to predict future spending or to manage continuing resolutions.
- Integrating strategic planning with performance. MIL can help agencies record and track performance objectives and goals as well as value targets and measure results.
- Reporting on actuals versus budget to determine performance. MIL supports the crosswalk of financial information between budget activity views and strategic plan views of agency planned and actual spending.
MIL is committed to providing tools and expertise to meet the evolving budgeting and performance management challenges that face our federal clients.
MIL applies leading edge technologies and practices, combined with our deep knowledge of our federal clients, to expedite end-to-end federal financial management workflows and process improvements across multiple business applications and organizations. These workflow and process solutions enable collaboration on accounting, travel, budget, procurement, and other administrative functions and life cycles across all stakeholders, including agency staff and trading partners both inside and outside the federal government.
MIL consultants help our clients define vision for their future financial and administrative management operations in the context of federal constraints, mandates, and government initiatives. We help prepare the strategic framework with recommendations for specific quick-win and long-term projects to help agencies successfully execute their strategic priorities.
MIL helps our clients analyze, design, and implement financial management security policies using identification, authentication, authorization, and encryption technology. MIL also works with agencies to configure security for accounting, eTravel, HR/payroll, procurement, and reporting applications. We then work with agency ISSOs to coordinate policies and standards for these applications. The result is a security solution that reduces risk, maintains information integrity, enforces separation of duties, compartmentalizes and marks classified data, and controls security implementation costs.