Years with MIL: 20
1. What were you doing before joining MIL?
Before joining MIL, I worked as a Database/Server Administrator supporting a U.S. Navy client.
2. Why did you decide to join MIL?
I was referred to the position by an MIL employee and was made a direct offer, I decided to accept the position based on positive feedback from current/previous MIL employees.
3. What are you working on now?
Currently, I support our FAA customer by generating daily and weekly reports, with the help desk management tracking system. I create weekly and monthly help desk status reports and I also assisted with the office move scheduled for September 1st.
4. What are is important about your work?
One of the important things about my work is ensuring both customers and colleagues are happy with our performance.
5. What are the best aspects about your current job?
A few of the best aspects of my current job are the people I work with, the flexibility to take on new tasks, and the family-like atmosphere.
6. What is the most challenging project you’ve worked on?
The migration/data migration from one incident tracking system (Assyst) to a new one (Remedy).
7. What is the best piece of career advice you can offer someone in your field who is ever applying to or beginning a career at MIL?
The best piece of career advice I can offer someone in my field is don’t be afraid to volunteer for new tasks or look for ways to simplify current tasks; try and learn other tasks within your team so you are able to fill-in if someone is out and needs arise.