Years with MIL: 3 Years
1. What were you doing before joining MIL, and why did you decide to join MIL?
Prior to joining MIL, I was working for a small contracting company in support of State Department as a Project Manager. I joined MIL for a better opportunity to work with a great team at DS/CFO.
2. What is important about your work? What are you working on now?
Currently, I am the SharePoint Admin and Lead Reporting Analyst for DS/CFO. One of the most important things about my current position is to consistently provide a timely and accurate service to the client.
3. What are the best aspects about your current job? Why do you enjoy working with MIL?
The best aspects of my position are the many opportunities it provides and various professional relationships it allows me to create and build. I enjoy working at MIL because of the work we do and the people I work with and support. I began working heavily as a reporting analyst. I now also provide application management, i.e., SharePoint, Excel, Access, Power BI, etc., which is the sort of work I typically enjoy.
4. What is the most challenging project you’ve worked on at MIL?
The most challenging project I have worked on at MIL is, designing and executing our client’s financial systems using SharePoint, Access, and Excel.
5. What is the best piece of career advice you can offer someone in your field who is either applying to or beginning a career at MIL?
The best piece of career advice I can offer someone in my field who is starting a career at MIL, is to always be willing to take on any role and show up for work with nothing short of a positive attitude.
6. If applicable, please share a memorable/significant experience that has occurred during your time with MIL.
My favorite memory here at MIL would be during our busiest moment in time when our team worked tirelessly to improve and transform the way we track, manage, and report our records. Though it was a challenging time for us all, it was a great time.